Picture frames offer a fantastic option to preserve photographs and artwork. Besides keeping your much-loved picture protected for years to come, they also greatly enhance your photo and transform it into stunning artwork.
A beautifully displayed picture frame can transform even the dullest of walls into a vibrant and attractive space. Casa Chic’s affordable and quality collection of frames make a bold statement and add a splash of elegance and charm to your home.
After you have selected your frame-worthy photo and received your new frame, now it’s time to get all that artwork framed. Remember, you will have this piece on your walls for what feels like forever, so it’s crucial to know the basic steps to fixing your precious photo. Thankfully, this won’t take long with this step-by-step guide.
First Things First
Framing your photo should only take a few minutes. Here are some things to check first:
- Clear a flat working area, making sure it’s dust-free
- Check the box and ensure that you have everything you need
- Ensure that your hands are clean and dry. Dusty or sweaty hands may leave unsightly marks on your precious picture.
Fitting Your Photo
After you’ve ensured you have everything you need to frame your photo;
- Place your picture face down on the working area
- Place the frame face down and begin to take it apart
- Using a knife, ruler, or flathead screwdriver, gently lift the fasteners up
- Carefully remove the boards and glaze, gently placing them on the worktop.
If you ordered a mount;
- Place your photo face down
- Take a length of tape and place it across the top edge of your piece
- Turn the photo to face up and gently position the mount over the picture
- Once you’ve ensured that everything is correctly aligned, firmly press it down to secure in position
- Turn the mount and picture face down again and smooth the tape for maximum security.
You might be wondering why we are only hinging the top and not the entire mount. Over time, both the picture and mount will expand and contract at different rates due to changes in temperature and moisture. And if you taped the piece all around, you will end up with a creased or bent picture.
Cleaning the Glazing
Though the glazing may appear dust-free, it’s still crucial to give it one last wipe to ensure you don’t end up with pesky particles. At Casa Chic, we make every effort to minimise the amount of dust in our picture frames, so you shouldn’t spend much time or energy here.
Framing it Up
Once you’re satisfied with everything, it’s time to put it together:
- Place the Perspex or glass back to the frame
- Place the picture and mount (if present)
- If you have a barrier board, place it at this stage
- Place the backing board as the last piece
- Push the fasteners to secure the backboard
After securely reinserting all the pieces, you can turn the finished photo frame and enjoy the view.
Now you know how to best frame a photo– check out our stunning photo frames and create your picture-perfect wall. Whether you’re framing your favourite memories or gifting your loved ones, our stylish photo frame collection is expertly crafted and comes complete with wall fittings.
Stuck on what frame will best enhance your beloved photo and transform your wall into a beautiful view? Below are tips that can help:
Where to Start
A well-framed photo will work in any setting. So, when choosing a frame, choose one that complements the art and not the existing décor. After all, the piece might not remain in the same spot forever.
Be open-minded. Just because your piece is contemporary doesn’t mean that you have to go for a modern frame. A modern-day photo can pair excellently with an antique frame, and a more traditional piece sometimes calls for a chic contemporary frame.
Plus, you don’t always have to go with a single creation. If you’re feeling a little creative, our fashionable multiple frame sets make a stunning centrepiece.
Material, Finish and Colour
If you’re looking to decorate your neutral wall, this fashionable black photo frame with a tempered glass front creates an elegant and sophisticated look. If you prefer something a little brighter, a black photo frame might not be the best fit. In that case, opt for our stunning boho coloured frames for your wall.
Our plated metal frames, on the other hand, provide a sleek modern design. Available in a range of finishes, including, silver, copper and gold, there is something for everyone regardless of taste.
A mount can add a premium look to your artwork. Plus, it also helps keep the picture off the glass and protects it. Our bespoke collection of frames come with or without a mount, giving you the freedom to go with your desired style.
The type of glazing you choose for your frame can make a big difference. For most people, glass is the number one choice because it’s aesthetically pleasing, resistant to scratches and heat. On the other hand, if you’re for something classy and long-lasting, tempered glass would be your best choice.
As it’s much lighter and harder to break, Perspex is best for larger pieces. At Casa Chic, there is a wide selection of glass, tempered glass and Perspex frames.
So, there you have it. With the above tips, you should now be able to choose the right frame for your picture.